1. POLICY STATEMENT
The Apprentice Academy would like issues or complaints to be raised at the earliest opportunity so that an investigation and remedial action can be undertaken to minimise impact and ensure small issues do not escalate unnecessarily.
All issues and complaints will be recorded in order to identify any trends or root cause that may require structural and procedural changes
This policy covers issues or complaints from staff, learners, employers, suppliers, or stakeholders.
We regard an issue or complaint as an occurrence where an individual or organisation, has verbally or in writing stated that they are unhappy with the training or service we have provided.
To resolve all issues as quickly and effectively as circumstances allow while always adopting an open honest approach that focuses on providing solutions rather than apportioning blame.
3. ROUTES FOR FEEDBACK
- Direct phone line 0161 200 1670 – Operations Director
- Direct e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via our website – www.theapprenticeacademy.co.uk – Contact Us
4. FOR MATTERS CONSIDERED MINOR
- Explore with you (usually by phone/e-mail) the nature of the issue.
- Investigate the facts surrounding the issue and report back to you in writing within 48 hours, unless otherwise agreed
- Where an error by The Apprentice Academy is identified, this will be honestly accepted and acknowledged. Proposals for a resolution will be provided
- If you are not happy with the steps taken to resolve this issue, the appeals procedures is as follows and the matter should be escalated
5. FOR MATTERS CONSIDERED MAJOR
- Appoint a member of the senior management team to investigate. They will wish to discuss the matter with you and dependent upon timescales and the seriousness of the matter arrange meetings with others involved to get all views.
- The facts surrounding the issue will be investigated and a report in writing will be prepared within 5 days, unless otherwise agreed
- Where an error by The Apprentice Academy is identified, this will be honestly accepted and acknowledged
- In all cases, proposals for a resolution will be provided
- If you are not happy with the steps taken to resolve this issue, the appeals procedures is as follows:
*For anyone who is receiving apprenticeship funded training, you can also contact the Education Skills Funding Agency at Complaints Team, Education Skills Funding Agency, Cheylesmore House, Quinton Road, Coventry, CV1 2WT or email complaints.ESFA@education.gov.uk. . For more information go to:
6. ESCALATION PROCEDURE
Where your initial contact within The Apprentice Academy feels the issue raised is beyond their remit they will escalate the issue to the next level of management. In instances where you are dissatisfied with the resolution provided you are encouraged to request the involvement of a senior manager.
In the first instance issues should be raised with the Operations Director, in the event that more senior involvement is required, the Director of Teaching and Learning or the Managing Director will resolve the issue with you.
7. GREIVANCE PROCEDURE
If at any point you feel your issue has not been managed in accordance with our stated policy, or treated with sufficient importance or resolved after escalation to your satisfaction, you are encouraged to communicate your grievance to the Managing Director.
8. REQUIREMENT FROM THE PERSON RAISING CONCERN
Please bring all issues to the attention of The Apprentice Academy as soon as they arise so that they can be speedily resolved. Provide all information both factual and anecdotal.
We would request that an objective approach is adopted whilst issues are investigated and resolved.
Please allow The Apprentice Academy access to all personnel and materials that can be reasonably expected to conduct our investigation.
Please accept The Apprentice Academy’s response as an honest assessment of the situation based on the facts at our disposal.
9. RECORDING OF ISSUES/ACTIONS AND OUTCOMES
All incidences of issues will be recorded together with details of actions, outcomes and the date of resolution. Storage of this information will be secured on a Drive that is only accessible to Senior Managers
|10. DOCUMENT CONTROL
|FIRST DATE OF ISSUE
|DATE OF REVIEW
|DATE OF NEXT REVIEW