All UK employers can upskill their workforce using Apprenticeship Funds
Apprenticeships are now set to play a crucial role in developing the UK workforce, by helping organisations to increase employee performance, and business productivity. The Apprenticeship Reforms introduced in 2017 radically changed the way apprenticeships are designed, delivered, who is eligible and how they are funded.
New Apprenticeship Criteria For Employees:
- Must be working in a company with an office address in England
- Spend > 50% of their time working in England
- Work > 30 hours per week
- Have the right to work in England
- Be aged 16 or above (No upper age limit)
- Not have a higher qualification in the same subject area they wish to commence
There are now over 500 apprenticeship programmes that have been designed for specific occupations.
One of the most popular apprenticeships in the UK at the moment is the Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor Apprenticeship. The video below shows an Apprentice Academy learner who has completed this programme with us. You can access the most popular Top UK 100 apprenticeships here.
Many of the new apprenticeship programmes incorporate valuable professional qualifications for example: CIPS, AAT, CIMA, ACCA etc making them a very attractive and cost-effective way to attract, retain and upskill the workforce.
As well as investing and developing existing staff, businesses also benefit from recruiting and developing apprentice trainees. The Apprentice Academy’s Future Talent service, provides a tried and tested recruitment service for employers to access year 13 students who are looking for new apprenticeship jobs and vacancies.
As an employer using our Future Talent Apprenticeship Service you will benefit from:
- Providing you support to create the job description.
- Advertising your vacancy on our website, directly into schools and colleges, and the Recruit an Apprentice website.
- Carefully selecting and matching applicants to your business
- Organising interviews and start dates.
- Inviting your apprentice to attend our 3 day Bootcamp to best prepare them for the workplace.
- Developing your apprentice to ensure they are fully competent and confident by the end of the apprenticeship programme.
To find out more on how to recruit an apprentice contact us today on 0161 200 1673 or fill in the contact form here.