These Terms and Conditions cover the training, learning resources, and any other services that The Apprentice Academy offers our students. We recommend that you read them carefully, and contact us should you have any queries.
1. Getting in touch
You can contact us on 0161-200-1673, e-mail us at email@example.com or write to us to 4th Floor St James’s Building, 79 Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 6QF
2. Contacting you
We will do this by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us when you enrolled.
- To enrol you will need to complete a digitised enrolment form submitted via e-mail. You will not be considered enrolled until we confirm to you by e-mail that payment has been received.
- If your employer is paying the course fee, the enrolment form should provide authorisation from your employer, and acceptance of our credit terms. We will invoice your employer directly
- If we are unable to accept your enrolment, for example where you have provided incomplete or inaccurate information, we will inform you of this.
If you wish to make a change to the Course you have applied for please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the Course, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. An administrative fee of £35 may be payable.
5. Cancellation Fees
- You have a period of 14 days starting from the day after we email you to confirm your enrolment on a Course to be entitled to a full refund.
- Where you are paying on a module by module schedule, you will not be entitled following the 14 day cancellation period to any refund.
- Where you have paid for the full qualification you will be entitled to a 50% refund on any of the remaining modules not begun
- These conditions apply both to whether the individual or employer has paid for the course
- Notice of cancellation must me provided by e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Our rights to make changes
- Minor changes to the Courses maybe required dues changes in relevant laws or regulatory requirement, awarding body changes to syllabus, or possible changes to dates of delivery, trainer or learning materials which do not change the overall structure of the course.
- Where there are more significant changes to the course which may increase costs, length (of more than 3 months) or postponement ( of more than 3 months), then we will notify you in advance, and you may contact us to end the agreement and receive a part or full refund before the changes take effect.
7. Our right to suspend or terminate our agreement
- If the delivery of a courses is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any part of the Course you have paid for but not received.
- Where there is a serious or continued breach of our code of conduct we reserve the right for you to go through our disciplinary procedure which ultimately may mean your agreement is terminated
- We may also suspend your course if you or employer does not pay us. You will be responsible for returning any materials we have sent you including delivery charges.
8. Your right to terminate our agreement
- You have the right to terminate your contract at any time. Yours rights when it comes to an end will depend on the reasons you have submitted. If it is because we have failed to provide the service’s we promised then you maybe be entitled to a full or partial refund.
- Where you are in a position and eligible to transfer from a commercial funded course to an apprenticeship with us, we will refund you for the remaining modules that will be delivered under the apprenticeship programme.
- To cancel your contract you should e-mail us at email@example.com expressing clearly your reasons
9. Returning Learning Resources
- Where you have changed your mind and terminated our agreement, you will be required to return any learning materials sent out to you. No refund will be sent until these have been received and a £35 administration fee will be deducted from the refund amount
- Where you have terminated our agreement due to our fault, we will pay the delivery costs for any learning materials that need to be returned
10. Complaints or Issues
- If you unhappy with the quality of our services then contact us on 0161 200 1673 or e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org. Our complaints procedure can be found on our website
11. Fees and payment
- The fees of the Course (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the timetables sent to you and on the enrolment form when you make your booking.
- Additional Fees such as exam fees and exam resits, unless otherwise stated, are not included in the course fees.
- It is the responsibility of the individual to pay for professional membership fees, and you need to do this before commencing the course
- If the rate of VAT changes between your enrolment date and the Course Start Date, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the Course in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Courses we provide may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your enrolment so that, where the Course’s correct fees at your enrolment date is less than our stated price at your enrolment date, we will charge the lower amount. If the Course’s correct price at your enrolment date is higher than the fees stated, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your enrolment.
- If you do not make any payment to us by the due date, we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% a year above the base lending rate of Natwest Bank from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount. If you think an invoice is wrong, please contact us promptly to let us know and we will not charge you interest until we have resolved the issue.
12. Intellectual Property Rights
- All intellectual property rights (including copyright) in a Course or other learning materials belong to us.
- We will allow you to use the applicable study materials in a personal capacity for the purposes of studying on the Course. That permission will end when this Contract ends. You agree that you will only use any study materials and/ or digital content for study purposes and that you will not copy, make available, transmit , reproduce, sell, licence, distribute, publish or broadcast or otherwise circulate the materials.
13. How we may use your personal information
We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- To supply a Course to you;
- To process your payment for a Course
- To inform you about similar Courses that we provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
We may share your personal information:
- If you are a sponsored student, we will share your data, course attendance and test results with your employer or any other party responsible for paying your fees.
- With the relevant professional body for your Course such as AAT or CIPS
- We may disclose personal information, as permitted or required by law, and to: (i) respond to inquiries or requests from governmental or public authorities; (ii) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property; (iii) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain; and (iv) enforce our agreements, including without limitation our enrolment terms and conditions.
You will need the following essentials to participate in one of our Courses.
- Access to a PC or laptop;
- Ability to connect to the internet via a broadband connection
- Calculator – please note that some professional bodies specify the requirements for calculators and you will need to check this.
- Our learning platform supports all the major modern browsers. However, for optimum performance we recommend that you use the latest version of Chrome.
- Computer equipment and internet access costs are not included in our Course fees and are your responsibility.
- It is your responsibility to check that the computer or any other mobile device (such as a tablet) you plan to use to access your TAA and/or online course is compatible for using our websites and participating in webinars.
15. Other conditions of Study
- Courses are not transferable between students.
- Students must not share any online content with nor make their online passwords available to any third parties including other students. We reserve the right to terminate access to your online account in these circumstances or where we detect any suspicious or unusual activity related to your account.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. Unless you are sponsored by your employer, this contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the Courses, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.