Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager Apprenticeship
Who is the programme for?
An Operations/Departmental manager is someone who manages teams and projects, and is required to achieve operational and departmental goals, and objectives as part of the delivery of the organisation’s strategy.
Key responsibilities may include creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading and managing teams, financial and resource management, talent management, coaching and mentoring.
Typically 18 months.
Typical job roles
Typical job roles for this accounting course include: Operations manager, Regional manager, Divisional manager, Departmental Manager.
This Apprenticeship has been developed by employers and specialist Awarding Bodies to ensure that employees that work within these job roles develop all the skills, knowledge and behaviours they need to confidently and competently perform all managerial duties.
- National online learning programme
- Live interactive online learning sessions delivered by high calibre team of trainers
- Regular one-to-one coaching (done using online technology) with an experienced management coach
- 360-degree feedback tools which support the creation of an individual learning plan
- 3000+ online management learning resources including books, audios and videos
- Opportunities to network with other managers on the programme
As part of the programme, managers will learn the following:
- Emotional intelligence | Self-Awareness | Time Management
- Leading & Managing People | In Person | Remote Settings
- Managing Change | Dealing with Conflict
- Communication | In Person | Remote Settings
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Building Relationships & Collaboration
- Project Management
- Operations Management
- Finance & Budgets
Why choose The Apprentice Academy
- Award Winning Apprenticeship Training Provider
- High calibre team of leadership and management trainers who deliver the workshops
- All our coaches are experienced managers themselves
- Learners can be split across different cohorts to minimise disruption at work
- Online live interactive learning – so safe and no need for any travel
- Over 90% of managers completing the programme in 2020 have achieved Distinction grades
Costs and funding
Employers paying the apprenticeship levy can use their funds to pay for this programme. Smaller organisations with an annual payroll bill of less than £3 million per year, will need to contribute 5% towards the cost of this programme. The rest will be paid for by the UK government.
“The management programme has definitely changed the way I think. It has helped me to be the best I can be. It has helped me to become more confident and professional in my approach. Since attending the course I have started attending networking events for the first time and it has given me more ideas. It has also helped me to improve my time management and planning skills.“ Chris Wright, Programme Director, Americamp.
“I was apprehensive about starting a qualification having been out of education for quite some time but the management apprenticeship programme has been a great learning process. The support from my coach has helped considerably and the workshops they provide are a key part of the learning. The speakers are talented professionals who make the learning accessible and relatable.” Victoria Woolcock, Risk Officer, Kuits Solicitors.
“The management apprenticeship programme is so relevant to my role as a manager. I wish I’d done it 10 years ago! The training and support from the coaches is fantastic.” Kelly Robbie, Customer Support Manager, Trendsetter.
“I would like to thank you for the workshop on Friday. I went through my notes yesterday and I realised how much I’ve learned with your session. Project Management is not easy but now I feel more confident” Talita, Manager, OneFile.
“I just wanted to send a note to say I thought the course yesterday was fantastic! Andy is a fantastic facilitator and whilst making reference to the ILM material, added so much more to the course. A truly great, inspirational and motivational experience. Thanks” Chris Harvey, L&D Manager, DWF
Find out more
For more information please click on the link below or call us on 0161 200 1673.