Who is the Property Management programme for?
This programme is designed for employees who work within the housing / property sector who would like to gain a level 3 property management accreditation.
It is ideal for anyone working within private residential property management, lettings or block management or those who manage social tenancies within housing associations and trusts.
15 – 17 months
What will employees learn?
- Health and safety and risk assessments
- The Law of Tort, basic Contract Law, and land law
- Data Protection and Common Law
- Leases and Licences
- Housing Act 1988 Tenancies; Non-Housing Act 1988 Tenancies and Rent Act 1977 Tenancies
- Grounds for possession and protection from eviction
- Landlord details and unfair terms
- Fitness standards and repair
- Business process improvement
- Tenancy Deposit Schemes and the redress system
- Fire Safety, Gas Safety & Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Homes of Multiple Occupation and insurance regulations
- Problem solving techniques
- Duties of Agents and Agents Authority
- Stakeholder Management and change Management Models
- Disability discrimination and agent Responsibilities
- Service Charge Apportionment and buy to let
- History of Social Housing
- Terms in Tenancy Agreement
- Housing benefit tenants
- The social and physical context of estates and neighbourhoods
- How to resolve defects, common problems, health and safety issues and repairs to dwellings
- EPC’s and private landlords
- Developments, listed buildings
- Client account procedures, repairs, maintenance, and quality management review.
- Town & Country Planning Act
- Managing the Building
- Quality Management models
- Breaches of Tenancy Agreements (Sections 146, 21 & 8). First Tier Tribunals
The Learning Journey
This programme is 100% online and has been designed with flexibility in mind, to support busy property managers who must prioritise the needs of their tenants at short notice.
On completion of this apprenticeship learners will be able to register themselves as an Associate Member of The Association of Residential Lettings Agents (MARLA) or as an Associate Member of the Institute of Residential Property Management (AIRPM) or a CIH Certified Practitioner (CertCIH).
Why choose The Apprentice Academy
- Multi Award Winning Training Provider
- National Delivery That Supports Social Mobility
- Very flexible 100% online learning programme
- Multiple Starting Points Throughout the Year – So Learners Can Start Quickly
- All Our Coaches & Trainers are Industry Specialists
- Employers & Learners Rate Our Services as Excellent
“I completed my property management level 3 recently and passed with a distinction. The coaches were all amazing and had so much knowledge to share to allow us to complete excellent projects. I really enjoyed the experience, and I would recommend this course to others. Really enjoyed the learning subjects around different aspects of housing, especially the history of social housing.” – Susan Wilkinson
“I did my housing management apprenticeship through the Apprentice Academy, amazing support & guidance throughout. The coaches are lovely and so supportive can’t recommend enough.” – Helen Reading
“I really enjoyed this apprentice program. I started a new job as a property assistant knowing absolutely nothing about the industry and this course has played a major role in my progression. The staff are absolutely brilliant and they will support you through anything and all the way to the end of program. They ensure that you not only gain knowledge but also develop skill for life and achieve the best results in the end! To anyone thinking about it, my advice is DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!” – Clemence Lutete
“I did my Level 3 Housing/Property Management apprenticeship. The teachers/tutors are amazing and very responsive, I always felt that I could go to my tutor with any question and get the answer I needed.” – Ellie Parker
“I am currently in the middle of my Level 3 Housing & Property Management apprenticeship. The process so far has been great, I have felt very supported by the Apprentice Academy, and can definitely see an improvement in my knowledge skills and behaviour not just in my apprenticeship but other essential aspects of daily life. My coach is knowledgeable, approachable, and supportive and I know I can approach her with any queries I have and she’ll respond in a timely manner. I would highly recommend the Apprentice Academy.” – Bradley Bolton
“I completed the housing and property management course and learned so much. The classes are fun, informative, and interactive and all the coaches are very helpful and friendly,. I would definitely recommend choosing The Apprentice Academy.” – Leanne Williams-Leonce
“I recently completed a Level 3 Housing and Property Management Course with The Apprentice Academy. All the members of Staff and Coaches I have had to deal with have been nothing but lovely and helpful, resulting in me achieving a distinction grade in the course which I am thrilled about! I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to become more qualified in their role.” – Daisy Gill
Costs and funding
Employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy can use their funds to pay for apprenticeship training while generous funding is available to non-levy organisations.
Next start dates
Check out our latest Timetables for 2024.
For further information please call us on 0161 200 1673, e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.