Property Management Apprenticeship
The Level 3 includes ARLA & IRPM Qualifications
Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for employees who work within the housing / property sector.
It is ideal for anyone working within private residential property management, lettings or block management or those who manage social tenancies within housing associations and trusts.
Typically 18 months
The course includes the ARLA and IRPM accreditation.
- Ten one-day workshops delivered by occupational experts
- Personal one to one coaching sessions with an experienced housing/property specialist
- Workbooks and online resources to achieve ARLA or IRPM accreditation
- CIH Membership which includes on-line access to their knowledge hub, CIH events and networking opportunities.
- The opportunity to network and share best practice with other housing and property professionals on the programme
As part of the learning individuals will attend the following workshops:
- Landlord and Tenancy Law
- Housing Regulation and Legislation
- Special Provisions relating to Property Contracts
- The Social and Physical Context of Estates
- The Diversity of Communities
- How to Deliver Efficient and Effective Asset Management Programmes
- Organisational Policies & Planning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Project Management & Collaborative Working
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
On completion of the apprenticeship, employees will be able to register themselves as a Member of The Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) and Associate Member of The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) or the Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM).
Costs and funding
Employers paying the apprenticeship levy can use their funds to pay for this programme. Smaller organisations with an annual payroll bill of less than £3 million per year, will need to contribute 5% towards the cost of this programme. The rest will be paid for by the UK government.
Why choose The Apprentice Academy
- Award Winning Apprenticeship Training Provider
- All our trainers and coaches are very experienced and have worked within the property sector
- Our programme includes IRPM and ARLA
- Ofsted have awarded us a ‘Good’ Rating
- High rates of success achieved across all our apprenticeship programmes.
“I started the Housing/Property Management level 3 Apprenticeship with the Apprentice Academy in August 2019. Going into the course, I didn’t quite know what to expect and didn’t have much knowledge about the property industry at all. Now, since I have started the course alongside my apprenticeship, I have gained a huge amount of knowledge in a short space of time. This is thanks to my coach Steve who has delivered excellent workshops and been very clear with any information given to me whether it be at the academy or in the 1 to 1 meetings. Steve is always happy to answer any queries that I may have regarding the course.” Matthew Will, Property Apprentice, EMS (Estate Management Solutions)
“As a medium sized firm of Property Managers training and development can often be problematic for us. For this reason the opportunity to provide training and Professional Accreditation for junior staff is proving invaluable. I have been delighted to see the progress being made and how the coach, Steve, has engaged everyone through workshop presentations and 1-2-1 support visits. The benefits to the business are very clear, with the apprenticeship culminating in a Level 3 qualification and IRPM accreditation and here at Scanlans we look forward to continuing this relationship, with new learners already earmarked for the next induction day.” Ian Magenis, Scanlans Property Management
“I started the Housing/Property Management level 3 Apprenticeship with the Apprentice Academy in August 2019. Before the course started I was very nervous as I do not do well in an exam/test environment and it has been some time since I left education. Since starting the course I do not know what I was nervous about! The course is presented very well and the support we receive from Steve is fantastic. I have every confidence that we will all pass with flying colours.” Emma Plews, Maintenance Surveyor, Watsons
“I have been working at Peaks & Plains and studying with the Apprentice Academy for many months now. Everyone I’ve met, been taught by has been amazing and supportive. From my first day I haven’t met one dull person from the Apprentice Academy unlike every other educational provider I’ve been to, especially university where the people had the personalities of a brown paper bag. Not only are the people I have met from the Apprentice Academy been entertaining and fun but they are always very engaging.” Kieran Stockton, Asset Apprentice, Peaks and Plains Housing Association
Find out more
For more information please click on the link below or call us on 0161 200 1673.