About our Apprenticeship Training Academy
The Apprentice Academy is an Award Winning training provider who delivers a range of apprenticeships, qualifications and recruitment services to support employers with all their talent planning, succession and workforce development needs, from trainee right up to director level.
Our head office is based in Manchester but we deliver programmes throughout the UK and Ireland.
We offer a number of delivery options including classroom style training, Academy LIVE training – which is all delivered online in real time, and Academy On-Demand which is a series of pre-recorded training sessions which can be accessed anytime – giving maximum flexibility.
The Business, Finance and Professional Services (BFPS) sector is one of the largest sectors in the UK economy and is forecast to experience significant future growth.
Between 2015 and 2035, Business, Financial & Professional Services are expected to create almost half (47.8%) of all new jobs in Greater Manchester.
Over the next ten years, all these sectors are likely to change considerably as they are affected by technology, market trends and competitive forces.
To maintain our competitive position, we need to upskill and develop our workforce.
The Apprentice Academy mission is simple:
- To support employers to engage and develop a highly skilled workforce.
- To inspire and support individuals to develop their confidence, competence and career capability.
Designing Apprenticeship Programmes that Help Organisations and Individuals Increase Performance
Our training and coaching services have been designed to help individuals and organisations reach their full potential in an easy, flexible and affordable way.
Our courses and programmes run throughout the year and are designed to fit around busy work schedules. It’s about enjoying the learning journey, enhancing work based skills, meeting like-minded people, increasing performance and achieving personal and professional success.
All our courses are carefully crafted combining multiple learning methodologies typically delivered over a 12 to 18 month duration. The programmes are easily adapted to ensure they meet the specific knowledge and skills needs of everyone.
Components utilised include:
- The development of an individual learning plan
- Highly regarded professional qualifications
- Stimulating training sessions run by industry experts
- Peer to peer networking to share best practice
- Regular coaching and mentoring to support and motivate
- Live webinars, workbooks, project work
- Online learning portfolio to manage all learning activity
- 360 degree tools to deepen awareness of skills gaps
- Regular documented reviews to ensure progress is being made
Simply put, it’s impossible for our learners to be the same at the end of the programme. It just can’t happen!
High Apprenticeship Success and Satisfaction Rates
The Apprentice Academy has been trading for over 10 years and has a long history of helping organisations and their employees consistently achieve success.
- Winners of the National AAT Apprenticeship Training Provider of The Year Award
- Our success rates are consistently 20% above the regional and national averages
- The majority of our trainee apprentices secure permanent jobs at the end of their apprenticeship
- Many of our trainee apprentices win awards for the outstanding work they do. See some of them here.
A High Quality Approved Apprenticeship Provider
We are on the ‘Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers’ (RoATP). To be included on the new register, we had to go through a rigid application process to demonstrate we have the capability, capacity and financial status to deliver apprenticeship programmes that adhere to all the regulations.
As an organisation we are committed to delivering the best possible learning experiences and are regulated by Ofsted, the official Government body for inspecting education and independent training providers. In our last Ofsted inspection, the Academy was awarded a ‘Good’ rating across all areas:
- Apprenticeship Provision
- Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
- Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
- Outcome for Learners
Key comments from the report include:
- Apprentices progressively acquire a very good range of vocational knowledge, skills and understanding and they make good progress.
- Career coaches and trainers provide high levels of support to apprentices.
- Collaboration between apprentices’ line managers and The Apprentice Academy staff to plan learning is highly effective
You can download the full report here
Maintaining High Quality Standards
In order to maintain high quality standards we operate a very robust Self Assessment Report process which takes into account all elements of the apprenticeship service we provide. Our team meets monthly to review all procedures and progress made.
The Apprentice Academy holds the Matrix standard for the delivery of Information, Advice and Guidance and is an AAT, CIPS and ILM Approved Study Centre and Exam Centre, which enables us to deliver a range of highly regarded, industry recognised qualifications.