Manchester Crematorium- £12,000 p.a.
|Apprenticeship||Assistant Accountant Level 3|
|Hours||40 per week|
|Start Date||Summer 2018|
A new opportunity has just arisen for an aspiring Finance and Accounts Apprentice to join the team at Manchester Crematorium. They are looking for an openminded team player who is looking to start their financial career in a small but professional organisation that promises lots of training, development and great opportunities. Manchester Crematorium are seeking someone passionate about Finance but also who is open to getting involved in other areas of the organisation when required.
Overview of Duties
- Process payments
- Processing supplier invoices
- Process daily takings and banking on system
- Reconcile monthly bank transactions
- Managing petty cash system
- Chasing overdue accounts
- Assist with reception duties as part of the office team
- Processing post
As part of the organisation’s policies you may also be required to:
- Assist families and visitors to the site
- Arrange appointments with families to witness disposal of remains and prepare all appropriate paperwork
- Show empathy, sympathy and compassion when dealing with queries on the telephone and face to face
- Prepared for joint responsibility with the rest of the team in ensuring all public welfare and office areas are tidy and presentable
Skills and Experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Work processing at intermediate level
- Excel Spreadsheets at basic level
You will be expected to have achieved Five GCSE grades A* – C/ 4-9 with grade C in English and Maths or equivalent and be predicted Two A-Levels grades A-C or BTEC equivalent at grade Merit or above.
- Pension Scheme
- Annual Bonus based on performance
Hours of work
40 hours across 2 shift patterns
Week 1- Monday to Friday
Week 2- Monday to Friday plus Saturday morning with half day off during the week.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button or call us on 0161 200 1673 quoting reference TAA164CREM
Please note that due to the volume of applications, it may not be possible to reply to each applicant. We will contact successful applicants within five working days, however, if you do not receive a response within this time frame it is safe to say that your application is unsuccessful.