Marchington Stone Limited- £13,000 p.a.
|Company/Sector||Construction and Engineering Supplier|
|Apprenticeship||Assistant Accountant Level 3|
|Hours||37.5 per week|
|Start Date||Summer 2018|
|Location||High Lane near Stockport|
Marchington Stone Limited, a specialist supplier to the construction and civil engineering industries are looking to recruit a highly motivated and professional Finance and Accounts Apprentice to join their highly experienced team based at their modern offices in High Lane which is easily accessible from both Manchester and Stockport.
Overview of Duties
- Posting Cash receipts from bank and cheques received on to the system
- Matching quarry tickets to purchase invoices
- Posting purchase invoices to the system
- Reconciling supplier accounts
- Preparation of cheque runs
- Corresponding with suppliers in respect of purchase ledger queries
- Assisting customers with requests for copy invoices and delivery tickets
- Assisting with bank reconciliation
- Assisting with petty cash control
- Raising sales invoices for customers
- Assisting with credit control
Skills and Experience
- Confident in the use of Outlook, Excel, Word and other windows based IT packages
- Good work ethic
- Excellent timekeeping
- Willingness to learn
- Confident on the telephone
- Good sense of humour
You will be expected to have achieved Five GCSE grades A* – C/ 4-9 with grade C in English and Maths or equivalent and be predicted Two A-Levels grades A-C or BTEC equivalent at grade Merit or above.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button or call us on 0161 200 1673 quoting reference TAA162MARCH
Please note that due to the volume of applications, it may not be possible to reply to each applicant. We will contact successful applicants within five working days, however, if you do not receive a response within this time frame it is safe to say that your application is unsuccessful.