|Location||Manchester city centre: 10 minute walk from Piccadilly Station|
|Company/Sector||Institute for Health and Care|
|Start date||Immediate Start|
|Qualification||Business Administration Level 3 NVQ/Diploma|
|Hours||37.5 hours per week|
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who would like to kick-start their career in admin, working in the heart of Manchester city centre. Our client’s role is to improve outcomes for people using the NHS and other public health and social care services. They do this by producing guidance, quality standards and other advice products to support health, public health and social care professionals to make sure that the care they provide is of the best possible quality and offers the best value for money.
The organisation are very supportive and flexible and will provide you with full training throughout your apprenticeship. You will also have the opportunity to progress further in a permanent position, dependent on your performance. In 2016, 79% of the staff rated the company as a good place to work.
Business Administrator Apprentice Duties
- Reception – answering telephone calls, taking messages and redirecting as appropriate.
- Greeting and directing visitors
- Issue and log temporary security passes
- Ordering and stocking refreshments for meeting rooms and staff café
- Prepare refreshments for meeting rooms
- Print travel tickets, updating travel log spreadsheet
- Distribute incoming post. Franking and bagging of outgoing post
- Liaise with appropriate service provider to arrange any office facilities requirements, such as furniture removals, photocopier maintenance, building maintenance etc.
- Stocktaking and ordering of stationery supplies. Maintaining ready supply of often used stationery items.
- Events – Assist in setting up of meeting rooms, liaising with relevant meeting organiser ensuring correct room layout and appropriate audio visual equipment is arranged
- Assist with dismantling equipment and packing and storing away appropriately.
- General Admin
- Assist finance team with checking and processing invoices at busy times. Maintaining purchase order spreadsheets etc.
- Assist HR and other teams to facilitate interviews and tests when required, timing test and escorting interviewees to the meeting rooms etc.
You will be expected to have achieved 5 GCSES A*-C including English and Maths and/or Two A-levels Grades A – C or two BTECs Grade Merit (in any subject).
In addition to the above, you will need to be confident with a pro-active attitude and excellent written and verbal communication skills. You should have good attention to detail, be highly organised and have the ability to prioritise workload and deadlines.
Benefits and culture
You will be entitled to 27 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays – this will increase after number of years of service, with the option to carry up to 5 days for the next year. You will also have benefits of paid maternity/paternity leave in the future, as well as receiving NHS pension (5% employee contribution).