Network Rail- £9,500 p.a.
|Company/Sector||Railway and Engineering|
|Apprenticeship||Business Administrator Level 3|
|Hours||37.5 per week|
|Start Date||Summer 2018|
|Location||Manchester City Centre|
This is a fantastic opportunity for x10 ambitious apprentices wanting to embark on a career with one of the UK’s most recognised engineering and railway companies in the heart of Manchester, Network Rail. They specialise in the maintenance and development of Britain’s rail tracks, signalling, bridges, tunnels, level crossings and many key stations. With new world-class stations being built, they are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
As a Business Services Apprentice in Shared Services, you will find out exactly what it takes to be successful in a leading organisation through gaining experience in a range of different activities that will develop important life skills and improve your overall employability through regular role rotations.
Overview of Duties
Over the course of the programme apprentices will gain experience in a number of departments within route services to include: Finance and invoicing, Recruitment, Reporting and Helpdesk Services. The programme will ensure that all apprentices:
- Develop their knowledge about the principles of business.
- Understand how to communicate confidently in a business environment.
- Learn about personal and professional development.
- Master administrative principles and relevant processes in a large complex organisation.
- Strong communicator
- Good negotiation skills
Progression and Benefits
Network Rail have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in a number of apprentices all of which have secured permanent positions at the company. You will be well trained and supported throughout your apprenticeship and even have access to some fantastic perks, such as 75% off of your rail costs!
- 28 days annual paid holiday leave plus 8 paid days bank/public holidays
- Subsidised rail travel (75%, up to £2,250 maximum) on rail or underground season tickets
- Interest-free season ticket loans for travel and car parking
- Discounted onsite staff canteen
- A company bonus scheme (after the qualifying period)
- A choice of three contributory pension schemes
- Charitable giving schemes, including company contributions
- A range of other benefits, including volunteer leave
Skills and Experience
You will be expected to have achieved Five GCSE grades A* – C/ 4-9 with grade C in English and Maths or equivalent and be predicted Two A-Levels grades A-C or BTEC equivalent at grade Merit or above.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button or call us on 0161 200 1673 quoting reference TAA0135RAIL
Please note that due to the volume of applications, it may not be possible to reply to each applicant. We will contact successful applicants within five working days, however, if you do not receive a response within this time frame it is safe to say that your application is unsuccessful.