|Salary||£10,000 per annum|
|Apprenticeship||Business Administrator Level 3|
|Hours||37.5 per week|
|Start Date||Summer 2018|
|Location||Manchester City Centre|
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who would like to kickstart their career in admin, working in the heart of Manchester city centre. Our client’s role is to improve outcomes for people using the NHS and other public health and social care services.
The organisation is very supportive and flexible and will provide you with full training throughout your apprenticeship. You will also have the opportunity to progress further in a permanent position, dependent on your performance. In 2016, 79% of the staff rated the company as a good place to work.
About the role
- Reception – answering telephone calls, taking messages and redirecting as appropriate
- Greeting and directing visitors and issuing/log temporary security passes
- Ordering and stocking refreshments for meeting rooms and staff café
- Prepare refreshments for meeting rooms
- Print travel tickets, updating travel log spreadsheet
- Distribute incoming post. Franking and bagging of outgoing post
- Liaise with appropriate service provider to arrange any office facilities requirements
- Stocktaking and ordering of stationery supplies
- Events – Assist in setting up of meeting rooms, liaising with relevant meeting organiser ensuring correct room layout and appropriate audio visual equipment is arranged
- Monitor room booking system, auctioning amendments and cancellations etc.
- Assist with dismantling equipment and packing and storing away appropriately
- Assist the Finance, HR and Corporate Office team with ad-hoc tasks during busy periods
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Skills and experience
You will be expected to have achieved 5 GCSES A*-C including English and Maths and/or Two A-levels Grades A – C or two BTECs Grade Merit (in any subject).
Benefits and culture
You will be entitled to 27 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays – this will increase after number of years of service, with the option to carry up to 5 days for the next year. You will also have benefits of paid maternity/paternity leave in the future, as well as receiving NHS pension (5% employee contribution).