Job Title: Apprentice Governance Administrator
|Location||Old Trafford – 10 minute walk from tramp stop|
|Salary||£10,192 per annum|
|Qualification||Business Administration Level 3 NVQ/Diploma|
|Start Date||Immediate start|
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a charity which supports people with visual impairments and/or other disabilities to make informed choices about their future. The charity is there through-out each service-user’s journey, offering expert support, guidance and skills and helping people to fulfil their potential. Independence and friendship are at the heart of what the charity does to help people find the confidence to go beyond their expectations.
The role holder will provide front line support for telephone calls and visitors to the Head Office, and will also support the wider functions of the Finance and Governance functions, CEO Office and Trustee Board.
About the role
- Initial telephone contact for the Head office; answering calls and distributing them accordingly
- Initial point of contact for emails through the website; answering emails and redirecting accordingly
- For the Charity’s Ebay Shop, you will manage listings, set prices, provide sales support and post sales aftercare and distribute items
- Create and monitor monthly management reports as required
- Support for new volunteers in their roles within the Governance team. Delegation of tasks to them
- Work with the Marketing team to help maintain leadership webpages and ensure that all distribution lists are regularly updated to support the governance structure
- Work closely with the Office Manager to identify tasks which are suitable to be delegated to volunteers to support the CEO / Governance team
- Support for the Finance function with specific financial responsibilities including; some accounting reconciliations, purchase orders,
- Support for the Office Manager to develop operational plans and key performance indicators for the Governance Service.
- Scheduling meetings, venue management, distributing relevant paperwork, taking accurate minutes of meetings and taking forward any required follow up of actions
Skills and experience
You are expected to have achieved 2 A Levels or BTECs grade A-C/Merit or above and 5 GCSEs, Grades A – C with Grade C in English and Maths.
Excellent IT skills, strong interpersonal and organisational skills are essential to the role and you will have very strong attention to detail. A demonstrated commitment to working with people who have a sensory impairment or other disabilities is imperative.
Benefits and culture
25 days plus 10 statutory holidays
Opportunity to take on further responsibility and help implement ideas and plan projects
How to apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button or call us on 0161 200 1673 quoting reference TAA382HW