MID Communications- £11,000 p.a.
|Apprenticeship||Assistant Accountant Level 3|
|Hours||35 per week|
|Start Date||Summer 2018|
A brilliant opportunity has just become live for an Apprentice Accounts and Finance Assistant to work with MID Communications based at their head offices in Middleton. As Finance Assistant your role will be to support the Accounts and Payroll Manager and the Finance Department in the execution of key accounts, payroll and finance tasks. Based at MID House, you will work on MS Office and Accounts/Payroll software to ensure the smooth running of the department.
Overview of Duties
- Assist the Accounts Manager on a day to day basis, supporting accounts payables, accounts receivables and reconciliations of Bank accounts
- Identify discrepancies to the Accounts Manager from the Stores, daily cash sheet analysis, summarising and reporting any anomalies to the Compliance Manager
- Distribution of credit card statements to all cardholders
- Liaise with each card holder to ensure all receipts for credit card purchases are received within one month of the statement date and all include a completed summary sheet
- Agree all receipts to the card statement and record on the Credit Card Breakdown Summary spreadsheet
- Organise, build and distribute Company Car tracking documents for all Company Car drivers
- Support the Accounts Manager during period-end closure at the month and year ends
- Ad Hoc Duties – some Receptionist cover and administration support at the month and year end
Skills and Experience
- Unique and motivational approach to day to day tasks
- Ability to maintain high productivity and professionalism
- Is approachable, with an effective communication
- Strong understanding of MS Excel and MS Office
- Good mathematical skills and a passion for working with numbers
- Good work accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to think on your feet, multi-tasking different issues even in the face of challenges.
- Exemplary organisational, planning and time keeping skills
You will be expected to have achieved Five GCSE grades A* – C/ 4-9 with grade C in English and Maths or equivalent and be predicted Two A-Levels grades A-C or BTEC equivalent at grade Merit or above.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button or call us on 0161 200 1673 quoting reference TAA175MID
Please note that due to the volume of applications, it may not be possible to reply to each applicant. We will contact successful applicants within five working days, however, if you do not receive a response within this time frame it is safe to say that your application is unsuccessful.