18 St John Street Chambers- £10,000 p.a.
|Apprenticeship||Business Administrator Level 3|
|Hours||40 per week|
|Start Date||Summer 2018|
|Location||Manchester City Centre|
An exciting opportunity has just become live for an Apprentice Business Administration Clerk to join the team at 18 St John Street Chambers based in Manchester. 18 St John Street Chambers has been established since 1973 and is one of the leading Barristers Chambers in Manchester covering areas of Civil, Business & Property, Criminal and Family Law.
Apprentice Business Administration Clerk works as a member of the clerking and administration teams and reports to the Senior Clerk or Chambers Manager in all matters.
Overview of Duties
- Opening and distributing barrister’s briefs, instructions and associated post
- Carrying books, papers and robes to court
- Delivering urgent documents to client premises and other chambers
- Handling and processing emails, faxes and outgoing post
- Responsibility for consumables throughout chambers (paper, printer and fax toner cartridges etc.)
- Checking court listings against chambers diary and case management systems to ensure accurate case listing information
- General administrative duties
- Provide support and cover for front of house as and when required
- Assist the Fee Collection Team with general filing and administrative support
- IT troubleshooting assisting with problems with office computers, systems and peripherals.
- Assisting in a variety of marketing tasks, such as administrative assistance in promoting awareness of social events, formatting and production of marketing materials such as emails, flyers and handouts
There will be more responsibility as you progress within the role.
Skills and Experience
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to work as an individual and within a flexible team
- Effective organisation and time management
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines and use initiative in problem solving
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships whilst positively influencing those around you
You will be expected to have achieved Five GCSE grades A* – C/ 4-9 with grade C in English and Maths or equivalent and be predicted Two A-Levels grades A-C or BTEC equivalent at grade Merit or above.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button or call us on 0161 200 1673 quoting reference TAA186STJOHN
Please note that due to the volume of applications, it may not be possible to reply to each applicant. We will contact successful applicants within five working days, however, if you do not receive a response within this time frame it is safe to say that your application is unsuccessful.