|Location||Manchester City Centre: 2 minute walk from Oxford Road station|
|Salary||£8,000 per annum (£153.85 per week)|
|Company/Sector||Chartered Accountancy Firm|
|Start date||Summer 2017|
|Qualification||Business Administration Level 2|
|Hours||37.5 per week|
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious and growing network of UK chartered accountants. The company provide their clients with attentive and personal advice; combining traditional values with forward-thinking. The team are highly adaptable, ensuring they are able to support clients of all shapes and sizes. Whether the client is local, national or international, they are able to tailor their services and shape them to fit each client.
The team have created a professional, yet friendly working atmosphere. You will be supported throughout your apprenticeship, be given full training and encouraged to learn all there is to know. Their previous apprentice continued to a permanent position upon successful completion of their apprenticeship, and this is on offer for you. Many of their current employees have been with the business for a number of years; the office manager for instance has been with the business for over 30 years!
As the Administration Apprentice, you will have the chance to learn from the bottom up and progress within the business. You will be professional and friendly and have good attention to detail. You can progress to a Business Administration Level 3 apprenticeship, or onto a permanent role, and have the opportunity to be put through further training.
About the role
- Opening, sorting and scanning incoming post on a rotational basis
- Archive filing: retrieving files on request and returning to basement storage areas and responsible for office archiving procedures
- Relief reception duties when required including answering calls on main switchboard and dealing with as appropriate, greeting visitors, and processing outgoing post
- Scanning, photocopying, binding, sending faxes and emails as required
- General maintenance of the office MFDs: logging call-outs for the engineer, stock control of toners, stocking paper, etc.
- Hand deliveries every afternoon including: banking, post office, etc.
- Taking out-going post down to collection point every night
- Out-going parcels: packaging and sending out
- Emptying confidential shredding into the bins ready for collection and assisting on collection day
- Emptying the recycling bins and taking to collection point
- Moving stationery deliveries to stockroom
- Sending documents/files back to clients
- Flat packing cardboard for recycling and taking to collection point
- Maintenance of office lightbulbs, logging call-outs for the building management as appropriate, managing stock control of bulbs
- General maintenance of paper towel dispensers
- To assist in miscellaneous duties when required
Skills and experience
You will be expected to have achieved/predicted Five GCSEs Grades A – C with Grade C in English or/and Maths.
In addition to the above, you will need to be confident with a pro-active attitude and excellent communication skills. You should have good attention to detail and be highly organised. This role will suit an individual who is not afraid to get stuck in.
Benefits and culture
- 21 days holiday plus bank hols – Opportunity to learn and progress
How to apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button or call us on 0161 200 1673 quoting reference TAA346
This Apprenticeship will be delivered by The Apprentice Academy whose success rates are amongst the highest in Greater Manchester with over 90% completing their Apprenticeship. This compares to a national and regional average of 69%. More importantly, at the end of the programme, the vast majority of apprentices progress into permanent employment and higher education.
Please note, our programme is currently funded for school and college leavers. Unfortunately, we do not have funding for university graduates
Please note that due to the volume of applications, it may not be possible to reply to each applicant. We will contact successful applicants within five working days, however, if you do not receive a response within this time frame it is safe to say that your application is unsuccessful.