|Apprenticeship||Assistant Accountant Level 3|
|Hours||37.5 hours per week|
|Location||Atherton near Wigan|
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious finance apprentices wanting to embark on a career within accountancy for Lor Contracting, an exciting new business. The business specialise in demolition, construction and civils and are looking for someone who is dedicated, punctual and has great attention to detail to work within their finance department.
Overview of Duties
- Purchase Ledger duties to include: matching and coding purchase invoices and reconciling supplier statements
- Ensuring payments are made in line with company standards and supplier terms
- Raising sales invoices
- Assisting with credit control
- Reconciling Petty Cash
- Reconciling Bank Statements
- Reconciliation and maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Assisting with month end tasks (Accruals and Prepayments)
- Posting nominal journals
- Deals with suppliers and customers to resolve queries
Skills and Experience
You will be expected to have achieved Five GCSE grades A* – C/ 4-9 with grade C in English and Maths or equivalent and be predicted Two A-Levels grades A-C or BTEC equivalent at grade Merit or above.
In addition to the above, you will need to be confident with a pro-active attitude and excellent communication skills. You should have good attention to detail and be highly organised with the ability to manage activities within agreed timelines as well as balancing work and exams. Having a strong knowledge of ICT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Sage, Xero) is also essential.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button or call us on 0161 200 1673 quoting reference TAA0120LOR
Please note that due to the volume of applications, it may not be possible to reply to each applicant. We will contact successful applicants within five working days, however, if you do not receive a response within this time frame it is safe to say that your application is unsuccessful.