The Apprentice Academy have been providing Apprenticeships with Network Rail at their Manchester City Centre office for over 5 years with some fantastic successes along the way. This year they are looking to recruit 13 new Apprentices in 2 separate positions, IT Service Operations Apprentice and Business Services Apprentice to join them at their Manchester office next to Piccadilly train station.
Training and Development
The main reason for this success is Network Rail’s excellent training and development scheme which aims to give the young people an opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge in a range of different departments and positions with their role rotation scheme. Over the 13-15 months programme apprentices will rotate between different business divisions across Network Rails Route Services. These will include, but not limited to:
- Finance and Invoicing
- Customer Services Help Desk
Benefits of working for Network Rail
As well as the opportunity to work with one of the most respected organisations in the country, Network Rail offer some fantastic benefits to their employees;
- 28 days annual paid holiday leave plus 8 paid days bank/public holidays
- Subsidised rail travel (75%, up to £2,250 maximum) on rail or underground season tickets
- Interest-free season ticket loans for travel and car parking
- Discounted onsite staff canteen
- A company bonus scheme (after the qualifying period)
- A choice of three contributory pension schemes
- Charitable giving schemes, including company contributions
- A range of other benefits, including volunteer leave
Many of the Apprentices placed move forward in to full-time positions with the organisation once they complete their qualification. One of the Apprentices with Network Rail who has gone on to thrive in her career is Bonnie having successfully progressed in the business to a much more senior position.
Watch Bonnie’s story below!
To see both job descriptions for these roles click the banners at the top of the page. For more Apprenticeship roles visit our vacancies page or request a callback by filling in the form here! For advise on Apprenticeships in Manchester if these sound like the right route for you or if you’d like some advice on other qualifications or services The Apprentice Academy offer then get in touch or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!