The latest grant information for employers based in Greater Manchester is effective from 1st April 2016.
The Greater Manchester Apprenticeship Grant for Employers (GM AGE) is allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and are available for apprentices who begin their programme by July 2017.
Employers can receive a grant of up to £1500 for each apprentice employed who completes an Intermediate or Advanced Level Apprenticeship, aged 16-24. The scheme will pay for up to three apprentices per business.
To be eligible for the grant, employers need to satisfy the following criteria:
- The apprentice is between the ages of 16 and 24 and works in Greater Manchester.
- You have fewer than 250 employees.
- You have not have recruited an apprentice within the last 12 months. The 12-month point is taken from the start date of the last apprentice recruited.
GM AGE includes additional incentive payments on top of the £1500 grant to encourage:
- Progressing a young person from a completed Traineeship to an Apprenticeship – £1000 additional employer incentive.
- Employing a Higher Apprenticeship – £1000 additional employer incentive.
- Support to providers supporting Trailblazer Standard – £1000 provider incentive.
If you’re an employer but aren’t located in the Greater Manchester area, you won’t be eligible for GM AGE but may still be eligible for the National AGE.
You can read the latest information on Greater Manchester Grants here.