Procurement & Supply Apprenticeship
Includes CIPS Level 4 Diploma
The New Procurement Apprenticeship is a valuable way for organisations to gain competitive advantage, increase employee engagement and drive business performance. This Apprenticeship has been designed by employers for employers and includes the valuable Level 4 Diploma with the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
Who is the programme for?
This programme is designed for employees who work within a procurement and supply chain or purchasing function of an organisation. It is appropriate for employees in public, private and not for profit sectors and encompasses the entire Procurement and Supply Chain process.
What will employees learn?
Learning modules cover:
- The principles of procurement & supply
- Understanding and applying business needs
- Understanding how to source & procure
- Negotiation & how to set up contracts
- How to manage contracts & relationships
- Understanding category management
How will the business benefit?
The structure of the programme ensures that employees become fully qualified and competent procurement professionals, who can deliver optimum supply chain solutions. As they develop they should become more confident in their abilities and able to approach new situations outside their comfort zone. This new confidence helps them to increase their performance and boost productivity for the organisation.
How will employees benefit?
- They will gain the CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- They will acquire all the skills and knowledge to demonstrate full occupational competence
- They will be able to progress to more senior procurement & supply chain roles e.g. Sourcing Lead, Senior Buyer, Procurement Manager, Supply Chain Manager
- They can apply for an NUS card and benefit from lots of discounts and special offers
The Learning Journey
This programme offers a variety of learning methods to include:
- The CIPS Level 4 Diploma in procurement and Supply
- Regular one-to-one coaching with an experienced procurement coach
- Individuals will receive 5 hard copy study guides , an IPAD and full access to the CIPS online interactive learning platform
- A series of 15 workshops delivered by industry experts
- Peer to peer learning with other procurement specialists on the programme
We have study centres in Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Doncaster, Nottingham and Birmingham where the workshops are delivered.
Professional Registration & Progression
Once signed up, learners will become Student Members of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply. Upon successful completion learners can progress through CIPS level 5 & 6 to full MCIPS and Chartered Procurement Professional status.
Costs and funding
Employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy can use their funds to pay for apprenticeship training while generous funding is available to non-levy organisations.
Find out more
For more information please call us on 0161 200 1673.