Leadership & Management
Managers have the single largest impact on a business – they influence employee engagement, performance, retention, productivity and turnover – but poor management is currently costing our economy billions in lost productivity.
Leadership and Management Apprenticeships are a valuable way for a business to gain competitive advantage, increase employee engagement and drive business performance by enabling managers to gain a broad range of essential skills to become a highly effective team leader or manager, and achieve an accredited qualification.
Who is the programme for?
The Team Leader/Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship is for those in a first line management role with responsibility for managing others. The Operations/Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship is for mid to senior level managers who wish to develop full leadership and management competence and gain a formal qualification.
How will your business benefit?
Research shows a direct correlation between a business’s performance and the capability of the management team. Improvements you can expect to see following completion:
- Increase in management capability and confidence
- Enhanced team performance
- Increase in staff engagement and retention
- Increase in productivity and growth
- Levy paying organisations can utilise funds to maximise returns
- Smaller organisations can claim 90% funding to cover the costs of the whole programme
How will managers benefit?
- Develop competence across all main functions of leadership and management
- Develop their strategic capabilities
- Become more agile and resilient
- Gain a recognised qualification in Leadership and Management
A highly flexible, blended programme that fits in with the needs of busy managers and includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Team Management/ Level 5 Diploma in Operational Management
- Regular one-to-one coaching with an experienced management coach
- 360-degree feedback tools which support the creation of an individual learning plan
- 10 ILM Workbooks
- A series of optional workshops delivered by industry experts
- Opportunities to network with other managers on the programme
Typically 15-18 months.
On completion of the programme managers will be able to register as an Associate Member of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) or the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). Individuals with more than three years management experience will be able to apply for chartered management status with the Chartered Management Institute post completion.
Costs and funding
Employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy can use their funds to pay for apprenticeship training while generous funding is available to non-levy organisations.
Find out more
For more information please click on the link below or call us on 0161 200 1673.